TAKAL WELFARE ORGANIZATION (TWO) gives priority to developmental works through community participation at grass root level. TWO believes that bringing the marginalized and most vulnerable groups in development is only possible by empowering and creating awareness by ensuring their direct involvement in the development process. For this, the organization plays the role of facilitator to create an appropriate environment and opportunities for the ultra poor segment of the society and especially destitute women. The organization strives for collective efforts by maintaining mutual understanding and coordination with like-minded organizations having similar objectives.
TWO works to achieve its goals and objectives by mainstreaming the marginalized groups, including women and youth, in its endeavors in order to bring about development for them under the auspices of human rights humanitarian affairs interventions. This is done on different levels, including advocating for their rights through advocacy and lobbying with government and non-governmental organizations, aspiring for positive policy change and formulation at policy-making levels, project and program implementation, awareness-raising through different channels including seminars, workshops, publications and media mobilization etc.
The organization, before implementing any program, facilitates the target groups through community participation and involvement in the situation analysis, and planning process. Similarly, the organization makes efforts to help the communities and target groups in their development and welfare by closely working together with the responsible authorities and NGOs. The organization has the following specific working approaches:
- Development works for the target groups to be carried out with the involvement of communities at the grass roots
- Development initiatives through coordination, collective efforts, and networking
- Right-based advocacy and relative lobbying
- Adoption of new working approaches based on situation analysis
- Arranging seminars, walks, and peace dialogues/debates to bring peace and harmony in the target areas
Targeted Sectors for interventions
- Water & Sanitation
- Social Mobilization
- Food Security & Livelihood
- Hunger and Poverty
- Community and Institutional Development
- Relief and Rehabilitation: Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Capacity Building through Advocacy and Awareness Raising
- Vocational Skills Development
- Environmental Awareness
- Ensuring Peace and Conflict Resolution
The organization’s broad vision and network enables partners to benefit from an effective service delivery tailored to their individual needs and time requirements.